Aveine built the Aveine app as a Free app. This service is provided by Aveine at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your email address, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your name and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your bio, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos. To add certain content, like pictures, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- When you participate in surveys, focus groups or market studies, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- Of course, we also process your scans of wines as well as the content you publish, as necessary for the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you may provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Members: Members may provide information about you as they use our services, for instance as they interact with you or if they submit a report involving you.
- Social Media: You may decide to share information with us through your social media account, for instance if you decide to create and log into your Aveine account via your social media or other account (e.g., Facebook, Google or Apple) or to upload onto our services information such as photos from one of your social media accounts (e.g., Instagram).
- Other Partners: We may receive information about you from our partners where Aveine ads are published on a partner’s service (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success). Where legally allowed, we can also receive information about suspected or convicted bad actors from third parties as part of our efforts to ensure our members’ safety and security.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, this generates technical data about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information: Using the services generates data about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., when you logged in, features you’ve been using, actions taken, information shown to you, referring webpages address and ads that you interacted with) and your interactions with other members (e.g., members you connect and interact with, when you exchanged with them).
- Device information: We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify a device or browser.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe, and to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons for which we use your information, together with practical examples.
A - To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account.
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests.
- Complete your transactions.
- Communicate with you about our services.
B - To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups, market studies and surveys.
- Review interactions with customer care teams to improve our quality of service.
- Understand how members typically use the services to improve them (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on how members react to it).
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from members).
C - To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Provide our service to you: The reason we process your information for purpose A above is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, make it viewable to other members and provide features personalized to you.
- Legitimate interests: We process your information for purpose B above, based on our legitimate interest. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you and promote our own services, we process information to help keep our members safe and we process data where necessary to enforce our rights, assist law enforcement and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a legal action.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations: We process your information for purpose C above where it is necessary for us to comply with applicable laws and regulations and evidence our compliance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, we retain traffic data and data about transactions in line with our accounting, tax and other statutory data retention obligations and to be able to respond to valid access requests from law enforcement. We also keep data evidencing consents members give us and decisions they may have taken to opt-out of a given feature or processing.
With other members
You share information with other members when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being visible.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service.
- To provide the Service on our behalf.
- To perform Service-related services.
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
You may share other members’ content and they may share yours with people outside of our services, using the sharing functionality.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we want to remind you of the following options and tools available to you:
- Access / Update tools in the service: Tools and account settings can help you access, rectify or remove information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help at https://sav.aveine.paris.
- Device permissions: Mobile platforms can have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as pictures, location services, push notifications and advertising identifiers. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection or processing of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose functionality.
- Uninstall: You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device.
We also want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information: Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability, right to know or variations of those terms). You can exercise this right by putting in such a request at https://sav.aveine.paris.
- Updating your information: If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion, object to or restrict its processing, please contact us at https://sav.aveine.paris.
For your protection and the protection of all of our members, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests, including if we are unable to authenticate you, if the request is unlawful or invalid, or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy or other rights of someone else.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to or restrict the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth and thus cannot ensure that you are 18 years of age or older.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.